Tonight, I spent the evening playing board games with Mini-Me and hubby. And then after the Mini went to bed, hubby and I had a much needed Nerf gun fight. Although this may not sound like the most riveting New Year’s evening to some, I am content. As hubby and I watched some live broadcast of Time’s Square, I described it as a “living nightmare” in my world. (Bright lights. TOO MANY people. Stuck. Terrible.)
I’m fine being in my own house, and I’m even impressed we made it past midnight. In fact, it’s 1:18 AM as I type this. We are party animals.
As promised, I have some of my New Year focuses (foci?) ready to blog. I’m not committing to super-specific goals. Just things I want to keep in mind this year to make my life and the lives of those around me better.
There are seventeen, because 2017. So brace yourselves. This is going to be a long ride (and I totally won’t judge you if you skip all of this).
- Hydrate/Track – Keep on top of my water intake, and keep an honest food journal.
- Yoga/Meditation – This is something that has benefitted me in the past year, and I really need to enhance it.
- Read 50 pages per day – When I read, it means I’m not spending time on mindless activities, like scrolling through my cousin’s dentist’s mother-in-law’s photo album from 2008. And I also really like to read, and I want to read more. Duh.
- Blog more – I like this thing! I like documenting my journey. For me and maybe for anyone I might inspire even a little?
- Sleep 7+ hours per night – I mean…pretty self explanatory.
- Eat with intention – Because it’s too easy and dangerous to eat mindlessly or emotionally
- Run – 750+ miles. And complete my first half-marathon. I’m not letting this darn ankle get me down.
- Pay bills when they come in – Heard this tip from my step-mother-in-law (Hi, Polly, if you’re reading!). I love this idea, and I’ve already paid off both my credit cards BEFORE Christmas. So much less stress than waiting until the due date.
- Be on top of cleaning the damn house – Because it’s much easier to spend 10 minutes a day on this than hours during the weekend
- Stop eating by 8:00 P.M. – I’ve done this in the past, and it WORKS.
- Devices down when mini-me is awake – Another fairly self-explanatory one
- #RelationshipGoals – Monthly date night with the hubby? I think yes. It’s easy to forget about this when you have a
screaming demon toddlerhighly enthusiastic and spunky child in the house.
- Stay in tune with friends/family – This should always be a priority, but I have a hard time getting outside of my own head some days.
- Make people feel special – Each Christmas, I’m reminded of how wonderful it feels to give gifts and let people know I think of them/value them/love them dearly. I want to find ways to do this all year long.
- Be a strong example – Because Mini-Me deserves it.
- Work hard and work well – I am SO blessed to have the job I have. And I want to be good at it and give back.
- Spend wisely – Again, something I should do all the time, but it’s easy to get carried away. I’d rather give more than I get.
So there you have it. No particular order. Unedited. Unfiltered. But that’s what I aim for on this lil’ blog. Honesty and openness.
What are YOU going to focus on this year?
Read on. Run on.
P.S. The following picture is Mini-Me yesterday. And probably me tomorrow.